Monday, February 16, 2009

Warming up time!

Spring time has arrived for my rosys!.

A couple days ago I opened the door and heat vents in the snake room to begin the warming up process, and then today I cranked up the heat.

The snakes are cruising their cages, but especially the males. Breeding time will arrive soon.





The snakes that did not brumate are also all are doing well. The 07 male Bahia de LA, and the 07 Female San Matias have both transitioned to fuzzies. I'm really pleased with this, as they've grown quite a bit since I got them a few months ago.
The albino female will probably make the the fuzzy transition next feeding. She has been doing SO MUCH better eating, and even took food from my hand a couple days ago. My Male Lake Chapala is a garbage can, and eats everything I thrown at him. He is now taking full grown mice and growing really fast.


This years breeding season is looking very good. I sold a couple snakes over the brumation period, but should still produce quite a few if all goes well.

Litter 1 - Albino X Albino het anery
All babies will be albino, with a 50% chance of being het anery

Litters 2 and 3 - Het Albino X Albino het anery
50% of babies will be albino, with a 50% chance of being het anery
50% of babies will be het albino, with a 50% chance of being het anery

Litters 3 and 4 - Het albino het anery X Albino het anery
12.5% of the babies will be snow (albino and anery)
12.5% of the babies will be anery, and het for albino
37.5% of the babies will be albino, with a 66% chance of being het anery
37.5% of the babies will be het albino, with a 66% chance of being het anery

These are the litters that could be produced with my currently breedable animals. Depending on what I find down in CA next month I may be able to produce some F-1's this season as well. Pretty much all the CA localities have been getting good amounts of rain which should greatly increase our chances of success.
Getting excited!

No comments: