Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Upcoming trips

I am getting really excited for the next few months. I have two or three big trips coming up.

March
My brothers and I are going on a flipping trip across rosyland in March. We plan on spending day 1 in the integrade zone, day 2 in the coastal localities, and day 3 down on the border/unicolor areas. Then on the drive home we'll hit a locality or two in the low-desert. This will be a blast herping with my brothers, and I'm sure we'll see lots of rosys.
These are the basic color variations we might see. Days 1-4:


April
I'm still trying to decide if I can go on this one or not. Jeremiah Easter is hitting an area of Nevada that he thinks will have rosys, and has invited me and some others to come along. If we can find one, it will be the first rosy boa officially recorded in Nevada.

May
The Annual Rosy Club 2009 will be held in May this year, down near the integrade zone. I plan on meeting up with an old close friend and seeing if we can road cruise some rosys. We'll probably also get up in the mountains during the daytime and find some zonatas. I'm really excited for this trip. The friend I'm going with has been one of my favorite herping buddies for a very long time. Although all our friends enjoyed snake hunting, he and I were the only ones who memorized the scientific names of every snake in North America.


I do have some sad news too. Another friend, the one who was planning to give me the pair of F-1 carrizo road rosys pinged me. The female carrizo rd died a couple days ago. It has been a picky eater and had just now started eating consistently. The male has been great with no problems. What a bummer. Oh well, we'll probably just try to catch a female. He's seen lots of them there and knows the area really well.

On a happy note, my 08 WW albino female started eating really well. I can easily start feeding her fuzzies now. With the way she's pounding food, I'm tempted to power feed her and put her down this fall for breeding. I probably won't rush things though.

Just noticed she's back in the blue. Snapped this pic a few minutes ago.

No comments: