Monday, January 4, 2010

Added a few new snakes



Since my last post I've added a few more rosy boas to my collection, and I've gotten rid of a few as well. All my 2009 babies are now gone to new homes except one female albino, and she's going to my buddy Ethan.

Anyways, first off I picked up a proven female Limburg albino. She was born in 2005, and is REALLY stout. She's tried to eat me every time I've picked her up. I also picked up a 2009 female limburg as well.

Then I picked up a proven trio of San Gabriel's (Azusa canyon, hwy 39). Later that day another friend gave me a gorgeous sub-adult female also from hwy 39, so that makes 1.3 of those. The older two females should breed this season.

Then I got a (the) pair of Bowen Ranch rosys. My pair are the only known specimens of that locality in captivity. They're from the north side of the San Bernardinos, a nice desert boa that do show a little bit of coastal influence. The female is fighting off an oral infection, but I have high hopes of giving this locality a good start in the hobby.

I also got a 2009 male Carlson Snow produced by Fork Tongue Farms. He should greatly increase the quality of my Carlson Snow project next year.

I also got a huge running start at a new Limburg anery project. I bought a 2008 male Limburg anery, and then also picked up 1.4 proven adult 100% hets, and 1.1 hets from 2009. I'll probably get rid of the 2009s, cause with 2.4 adults I really don't need them.
This is the male anery.


Then I got a pair of nice Otay Lakes. The female is an 08 and the male is an 09. With good feeding they could be breedable in another year.

I also picked up a pair of possible triple hets. They are 100% het for Limburg Albino and for Borrego Anery, and they're also 50% possible het for Whitewater albino. This is a project that a friend of mine is doing, and we're curious what the offspring might look like.

Then there are the giant het albinos. I have a friend who has an absolute monster female boa (see pic below) that has thrown some really big babies in the past. As far as I've heard, she's the biggest rosy recorded. Anyways, last year they bred her to a limburg albino, and I ended up getting a few of the hets that came out. They are WAY HUGE for 2009 babies... We're all hoping to create some giant Limburg albinos. :)


There were a few other odds and ends, but I will post about those when I get a chance to take some pics.

No comments: