Monday, January 24, 2011

Well, 2010 was an exciting year. I spent a little time in boa habitat, and saw a few cool snakes.
My first snake of the year was this beauty, an adult coastal female:

She was under this rock with no underground access, waiting to get some warmth to digest a good meal she'd had.
I returned to boaland a few weeks later to pick up my car that I'd left down there at the shop. I hit another coastal spot with a good friend, and we turned up this little screamer, partially hidden in a rockpile.


A few months later I returned for the Annual Rosy Club (ARC) in the high desert. The weather did not cooperate with us, so I opted to make the drive and try my luck at one of the warmer areas about an hour further south. It paid off when my brother and I saw this pile of dung on the side of the road.


A little closer look, and you can see that she was a great looking boa.



I've also had a lot of change in my captive collection over this year. I've started a partnership with a good friend and rosy master, who I look up to as a mentor, Jerry Hartley. A large portion of my collection is now his animals that I keep and breed for/with him.
I've also started some other very exciting projects as well. I've acquired a pair of anery pioneertowns. There are only a handful of people with visual anery pietowns at this time.
I also picked up a KILLER trio of morongo axanthics, PH for snow white. Solid black eyes, they are sweet.

No comments: