Wednesday, March 18, 2009

4 Long Canyons, 3 San Gabes, and a pair of Riverside Cheaters

So, the last post was more of a description of my March trip rather than actually showing the new additions. When all was said and done, this weekend added 9 rosy boas to my collection.

First up is an adult pair of cheater riverside county boas. They were collected only 30 or 40 yards from each other and should make a great breeding pair. I've already seen some amount of breeding activity from them, and both have already taken frozen/thawed mice from my hand.


Next is a trio of San Gabes. San Gabes have some of the brightest orange of any locality. I believe they are F-2's produced in 2008, but they are already bigger than some of my 2007s. All three have eaten F/T hoppers for me and if I keep them growing at their current rate, they'd be ready to breed next spring.



Next is an adult pair of Long Canyons. They are easily breedable size, although I believe they were produced in 2006 or 2007. They have very bright orange stripes on a light blueish background. They have both eagerly fed on F/T since I got them.

only one pictured


Lastly is another pair of Long Canyons, this time juveniles. They were produced in 2008, but are even bigger than the San Gabes. I believe they were produced from the same parents as the adult pair. They too have eaten F/T since I got them.

No comments: