Thursday, March 26, 2009

Future Projects

My current snake projects are doing really well, and I have a couple up coming projects that I have been thinking/dreaming about.
Some are localities that I plan to add, and some projects that I hope to start in the future.


-----------------

Unicolors
I'm planning on adding some unicolors sometime this year. Probably Otay Lakes, Dulzuras or Colonets. I have several friends that breed them and I'll probably trade them for a pair of something I produce this fall. Also, my nephew has a dulzura that I'd like to pair up for him.


-----------------

Black Mountain
These are a nice dark CA locality. A local breeder produces them each year and I'll probably trade him a pair of something I produce this fall.


-----------------

Carrizo road
I've always dug the bluer Carrizos and my breeder friend who's website I manage breeds them. I'll probably get a pair from him this fall.


------------------

Homewood canyon
These guys have a special place in my heart, as I spent so much time in this general area looking for them as a kid. Man, if I knew then what I know now... : ) I know a few breeders, and a friend offered me a surplus male that I might pick up in May.


-----------------

Snow whites
I have a friend who will be producing snow whites this year (one of only 2 people who have them). I talked with him the other day and I'm hoping to get one from him this fall, or maybe an expressed Morongo axanthic that's het for WW albino. Either way, I could then leverage my existing adult female WW's for the project.
The Morongo axanthics have not been produced in large numbers, while the Limburgs axanthic/anerys are becoming WAY more common. The few Morongo axanthics produced last year sold for 3-4 times what this years Limburgs will probably go for.
I suppose I could just get a Limburg axanthic to cross with, but where's the fun in that? The morongos are freakin awesome! :)


-----------------

Albino Harquahalas
These are still quite rare. Someone listed a pair of hets the other day for $900 and they got bought up really quick. As far as I know that is the only time they have ever been offered for public sale.
I have a friend who has an albino male and is breeding it to several normal females (2 of which he got from me, lol). I'd really like to get a pair of hets from him, but I'm not sure what his availability will be this year. I'll probably have to wait until 2010.

No comments: